Monday, August 23, 2010

Recycled T-Shirt Tote (40:365)

Hello, my name is Heather and I am a hoarder.
I still have clothes from 1997 (at least) that are sitting in my drawers or hanging in my closet that I probably haven't worn since 1997. I'm working on that. And to help myself conquer that disorder, I decided to cut up some old stuff to make new stuff that WILL GET USED. I got the idea from the book "The Feisty Stitcher" by Susan Wasinger (pages 40-41), which is now on my wish list, thank you free library system.

Thanks to a classic old black T from The Gap and a hand-me-up (I'm the oldest, so...) from my little sister, I now am the proud owner of a totally rad tote bag with Kip's face on it. (If you don't know who Kip is, you are lame and need to click here and here.)

Anyhoo, it took me an hour to do it, because, as you all know I have authority issues and don't trust people's directions...but I digress...
Regular people could probably do it in like 20 minutes. I bet I could whip out the next one faster.

Before


After


I want to see what you guys can do!
Send me pictures of your craftiness!

2 comments:

  1. This bag is amazing! And your choice of Kip to be the protector of your goods is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I wouldn't have pegged you as a hoarder. Is that really true? In anycase, the bag's cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails