Monday, August 30, 2010

Pictures, Pillows and Personal Progress (47:365)

Recently, a friend of mine showed me a sketchbook she is using for her creative ideas. Feeling a little lost and overwhelmed by my purpose on this blog, I decided to start a sketchbook too. In it I will jot ideas for creative projects and new designs. I am excited about it because it will help me to create some of my own ideas and designs, instead of getting ideas from others as much. Also, it will help me to not forget about projects that I want to do in the future and will allow to keep thinking about them and working on their concepts before I can actually get around to accomplishing them. 
Tonight I am working on some new pillowcase covers for our couch pillows. Right now they are hideous and I hate them. I recently acquired some awesome fabric from an estate sale and I plan on using some of that to make some classy pillow covers. I am deciding on fabrics tonight.

Also, today I met up with a couple of young women from my church to work on something we call Personal Progress (if you want to know more about it, click here). It is a program that our church has designed to help the girls set and meet goals and mature in positive ways. I am really excited about it and am working on completing the program myself. Believe it or not, but we had a good time studying some scriptures and talking about faith and how to become the type of person that can teach her future children how to be faithful.If you want to see what we read, click here. We read versus 45-48 specifically.

Anyway, it's been a fun day with some new ideas and activities a brewin'.
What did you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails