Monday, August 9, 2010

The Book is Done (26:365)


Ahhh...I'm finally done! It only took forever, but I'm so proud of it! I haven't made a book in 6 years, so I feel like I've accomplished something big! Man, I forgot how much work it takes to get it done. I don't know if I'll be whipping out another stab stitch anytime soon, but I do like how it allows me to create a prettier looking spine that it would look otherwise. I also experimented with ribbon for the sewing instead of using waxed linen thread. Hopefully it will hold well. I didn't make the wholes large enough to be able to pull the needle through very easily, actually breaking 1 needle and stabbing myself in the thigh at least 3 times, but I learned my lesson and hope that next time it won't be so ridiculous!

I'm excited to give this to my friend for her b-day...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails