Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Flannel Board Figures and Ikea (21:365)

Today I am starting a flannel board project. I have yet to actually make a flannel board, however, last month while we were in SLC I picked up some flannel board cut-out figures about Easter and other scripture stories. I'm excited to use them for Family Night lessons. I think Jane is really going to like them since she is just finally getting good at and interested in sitting and listening to stories and books with more than 4 words per page.

Also, today I went to Ikea with my sister-in-law Steph. I LOVE Ikea and it was fun to walk around with someone else who also loves it. I bought 6 brackets to use for 3 shelves that I want to install over my craft desk using wood from our broken coffee table as the shelves. I will be going to my friend Sarah F. to get her to cut my wood up for me since she is apparently a power tool queen. (Gotta love friends with connections.)

Also, do you love the meatballs at Ikea as much as I do? I guess it's really that amazing gravy that they slather them in. I have also officially stopped getting the mashed potatoes with the meatballs and only get the fries now. They are probably my favorite fries. They taste like the ones DQ used to make. And, they are also amazing dipped into that luscious gravy.

And what is it about that Lingonberry stuff and meatballs?! I don't necessarily like the combination all that much, yet I feel compelled to eat them together because they are placed together on the plate, touching each other so you have to eat some meat with Lingonberry sauce if you want to eat every delicious meat morsel. Usually while eating my meatballs with Lingonberry juices on them I am thinking, "why am I eating this, it doesn't even taste that good...", and today for the first time I thought, "hmm, this is kind of good together. I get it." So, I had a culinary enlightenment at Ikea today. Lingonberry sauce and meatballs. I get it.

(P.S. The chocolate cake is the best dessert they offer. The others are mediocre, the chocolate cake is decent. I guess Swedes aren't so good at the sweets, just the meats.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails