Tuesday, November 2, 2010

El Pato Deliciousness (111:365)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51T1p06GFPL._SS280_.jpg 

This + a Roast + 7 hours in a crockpot on low = AMAZING!

After cooking, shred up the meat and let it soak up the juices for a little while. Then eat it in a tortilla au natural. Don't put anything on it, just let the meat and seasonings do their thing.

I have to send a shout out to Scott's aunt Rea for introducing this delicacy to our family.
P.S. My favorite way to eat this is chopped up on some nachos.
I'm salivating just typing about it.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. I adore easy crock pot recipes. I am making crock pot pulled pork sandwiches for tonight. Please feel free to share any other amazing and simple crock pot ideas you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you do for those sandwiches?

    I unintentionally did crock pot meals 3 nights in a row this week! Sure made dinner easy though.

    Let me know if you have any good recipes you'd like to share too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pork Loin (often can be found on sale) covered with a can or bottle of root beer. (Sounds weird, right? Totally yummy). Cook on low all day. Before serving, drain extra rootbeer, shred pork and top with as much BBQ sauce as you like. We serve on Hamburger buns, but you could use any kind of roll.

    I will see if I can find the recipes I typed out for my sister. I'd be happy to post them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crock pot cooking, too and this sounds so good! The root beer recipe is intriguing, too. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails