Sunday, November 28, 2010

Meatless Monday on Sunday (137:365)

When I remember, I try to make meatless dinners on Mondays a la Paul McCartney.
I ended up doing it tonight instead and made a yummy Minestrone soup.

Minestrone Soup

Chop 1 onion, 2 celery stalks and 2 carrots into small cubes.

Heat medium sized pot on medium high heat.

Add 2 tbs olive oil to pot, then chopped veg.

Cook for around 8 minutes, then add 1 tsp of Italian seasoning and 3 tsp chopped garlic.

Cook for a minute or two.

Cube up 1/2 zucchini and toss it in.

Add 4 cups chicken stock, 
1 can of diced tomatoes,
1 can of rinsed and drained white beans.

Bring to a boil, then add a cup or two of your favorite dried pasta (I used rigatoni).

Add fresh chopped basil and parsley (I use awesome frozen cubes of fresh herbs from Target) and cook until pasta is done.

This was easy and yummy and is very versatile. 
I just used up veggies we had in the fridge, and other pantry overflow.
I love kitchen sink soups! 
(Throw in everything but the kitchen sink.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails