Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Curry Experiment (98:365)

It turned out pretty good, if I say so myself.
This experiment occurred because I was feeling lazy.
I know, that doesn't really make sense.

I found some yummy curry recipes online but I couldn't get the printer to work because the inkwell is dry.
So....this delicious concoction came to be by melding different recipe ideas in my head into one.

Heat a pot or wok to med-high (a little nod to Ashley D).
Chop 3 carrots, 2 potatoes and 1 onion.
Add about 2-3tbs oil to wok.
Then add veg as ready.
Ones that take longer to cook go in first.
Cook for 10-15 minutes.

Then add 1-2 cups of water and let boil until veg is all softish. While doing that, add one small can of tomato sauce. Also sprinkle some curry powder to taste (maybe a tbs?), and some turmeric (like 1 tsp or so.), salt and pepper to taste. Oh, and we added some dried cilantro, but I bet fresh would be even better.
Let it simmer for a bit so the flavors meld and develop.

Now, usually recipes call for plain yogurt in a curry, but since I didn't have any, I googled substitutions for plain yogurt and one of them is buttermilk, which I didn't have either. But I do have a substitute for that (double substitute, I was scared) which is 1 cup milk + 1 tbs white vinegar + 5 minutes = buttermilk.

I added probably 1/2 cup of that fake buttermilk.
Also, we thawed some cooked shrimp and added that.
It is delicious!
Wish you could have some.

I also made my first homemade Italian Sodas.
Ice
1 cup Perrier Sparkling Water
2-3 tbs Torani Strawberry Soda Syrup
A dash of whipping cream
Whipped Cream on top

Oh-la-la!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails