Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Joslyn Art Museum (223:365)

Scott got home today from his conference trip and after I picked him up from the airport we went on a date. First we went out to lunch and tried some new food at Wheatfields in Omaha, then went to a cool vinyl store and found some great band shirts.

Then we went to the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha, for the first time.
Ah! It was so NICE and fun to go to an art museum. I haven't been to one for sooo long. I was an Art History minor in college, so I really miss art and studying up about it, so I was in my element and loving it.

They had a really great exhibit called The Glory of Ukraine, featuring tons of beautiful byzantine religious icons and artifacts.

Their permanent collection was also amazing. Scott was able to see his first Monet, Degas, Pollock, among others.
We had a really great time walking around together talking about art and being alone.

And the best part, we got in for free because there was less than 1 hour until it closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails