Finished this sweet little Goose today.
I put an "L" on it's tummy so Goose knows it's hers.
Things I learned while making the Goose:
- I have a 1970's sewing tips book that taught me to securely fasten buttons onto fabric where they will be pulled at a lot and there is a risk of coming off, by putting another button on the other side of the fabric and stitching them both together. That is a great tip for making things for kids that could be choking hazards.
- Test the strength of your vintage fabric before using it if you are making something you want to last a long time.
- Measure twice, cut once. (I should have learned this by now! I'm just too impatient.)
- Google "free _____ tutorial/ printable" for anything. You will likely find a sweet pattern from a kind crafty soul.
- I HEART Heat N Bond. Will be using more!
I cannot believe my Goose is going to be 1 tomorrow!!!