Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Goose for Goose Part 2 (174:365)

Finished this sweet little Goose today.
I put an "L" on it's tummy so Goose knows it's hers.


Things I learned while making the Goose:
  1. I have a 1970's sewing tips book that taught me to securely fasten buttons onto fabric where they will be pulled at a lot and there is a risk of coming off, by putting another button on the other side of the fabric and stitching them both together. That is a great tip for making things for kids that could be choking hazards.
  2. Test the strength of your vintage fabric before using it if you are making something you want to last a long time.
  3. Measure twice, cut once. (I should have learned this by now! I'm just too impatient.)
  4. Google "free _____ tutorial/ printable" for anything. You will likely find a sweet pattern from a kind crafty soul.
  5. I HEART Heat N Bond. Will be using more!


I cannot believe my Goose is going to be 1 tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails