Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baby Bib from Fused Plastic Bags (77:365)

This is what I made from the fused plastic bags I did yesterday.
Stinkin' cute!
I saw the ones they had done and knew I could totally do it too! 
I'm loving it.
This side is made from some vintage fabric scraps, 
rick rack, and single fold binder's tape I found at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago.

And this side is made from the fused plastic bags, the little bird too.

I machine appliqued the birds and sewed around the edges of the rick rack because, as a mom, I know that some grody stuff can show up in tiny cracks near babies, so I wanted those suckers closed.

Now, I'm not going to lie and say it was easy, 
but nothing ever is the first time (at least not for me!).
I trouble shot a bit and played around with the design for a while, but in the end, it really was pretty simple and fun to do! Next time will be much faster. 

Look at this little peanut. She is a dolly.
We'll just pretend she is smiling because she loves the bib.

I imagine that this can machine wash, but then it will need to air dry because of the plastic...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails