Friday, September 24, 2010

Recycling Old Crayons (72:365)

For Jane's party tomorrow, I decided to make some rainbow crayons to put into the treat bags. I found this quick little tutorial at one of my favorite blogs, indietutes.


 It's a very easy process that even Jane enjoyed,
helping me the entire time (that is a FEAT I tell you!).


Step 1: Gather all old and broken crayons.
(I am a collector of restaurant crayons, merely for this project.)



Step 2: Tear off paper.



Step 3: Sort crayon pieces by color and break into tiny bits.
Jane really enjoyed this step. Breaking them is the best part!



Step 4 (optional): Take a picture of a cute baby.
If you don't have a baby, you can borrow mine when I need a nap.



Step 5: Spray mini muffin tin with oil.



Step 6: Put broken pieces into muffin tin, layering how you want it to turn out.


Step 7: Bake at 200 degrees until they are melty.


Tip: I'm pretty sure I cooked my for too long because they started to separate, the tops got all oily and they don't work to color from the oily part. I kept waiting for all the chunks to melt down, but I don't think that is really necessary. As long as most of it is melty, they will all harden back up together anyway.

Step 8: Let it cool for a while, then put into fridge or freezer to harden them back up.

Step 9: Tip muffin pan, and they should pop right out!


Stop taking pictures, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails