Friday, July 16, 2010

PB, Honey & Banana Muffins or Success! (2:365)

Today I was enjoying my new favorite addiction: Natural Creamy Peanut Butter and a banana. Oh man, I just can't get enough of that stuff (despite how annoying and gross it is to stir that oily separated stuff back into the goodness). I concurrently noticed a pile of spotty bananas sitting on the counter and remembered that I wanted to make some banana bread. Then, eureka!, an idea hit me. Why don't I take this opportunity to CREATE something new?
I've never tried to make up a baking recipe before because that whole concept really scares me. I know that baking, unlike cooking, is a science that can get as crazy intense as involving scales to make exact measurements. The fact that everything has to be just right to turn out has totally turned me off from being an adventurous baker. But not anymore!I must admit, I did do a little bit of research to make sure I would get correct ratios of flour, salt, baking powder, etc. Then the adventure began.
Scott came down to see what I was up to. I said, "I'm making up a recipe with honey, peanut butter and bananas." He said, "Do you know what you are doing? That sounds weird." Lucky for him those words did not discourage me.

Here is the newly created recipe for your palatable enjoyment.

PB, Honey and Banana Muffins

Wisk together:
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Make a well in the dry ingredients.

Mash up enough bananas to make 2 cups.
Add to the banana mush:
1/4 cup canola oil

1/2 cup honey
1 egg
1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
Mix up the wet ingredients and pour into the well in the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Pour into well greased muffin tins or cupcake papers (if you are feeling lazy about cleanup and are trying to trick your toddler into thinking the muffins are cupcakes...which was mildly successful...)

Optional:
Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans (adds a nice texture)

Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.

VoilĂ ! Success! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails