Monday, July 19, 2010

Heard Someone Speak Xhosa (5:365)

My cousin Rachelle's husband served his LDS mission in South Africa and learned a local dialect called Xhosa, which I've never heard before (which is not the same as the language spoken in the movie "The Gods Must be Crazy"). This is a language with 3 different clicking noises in it. He read this phrase in Xhosa for me and let me record it for you. In the recording he says,
"The interpretation thereof by the gift of God."
Hope you think it's as cool as I do!




(The audio is synched to a picture of a Xhosa Book of Mormon.
)

(Also, it took Scott and I FOREVER to figure out how to get this audio on here, so that is one more new thing I/we learned today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for making my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails